In 2015, I first posted Feng Shui Cures to Bring in Money Fast. This has been one of my most popular posts and I get between 60-100 emails a WEEK asking questions about these cures- and one particular cure “The Mountain of Wealth” or “Mountain of Gold” cure. Read on for the original post, some updates that I’ve done, and some clarification of questions I have gotten a lot! (Anything I didn’t cover- just let me know!)
Mountain of wealth:
This tip comes directly from my friend and mentor, Tanya Janke at Feng Shui for the Om. Tanya is an amazing Feng Shui Practicioner and Designer in Colorado, plus she is the Membership Director for the International Feng Shui Guild. She gets all my love and all my hugs.
Take 8 river rocks and paint them gold. Stack them in a mountain by your front door. Tanya suggests placing them to the right of the door, as you are facing the door. I have used this cure a number of times to great success. The day after I placed this cure at my own house the first time, I had $5,800 deposit into my account from a new client account that I didn’t realize was going to accept my contract.
Tanya used spray paint and got a very solid gold look. I used outdoor acrylics, squirted into a plastic bag, and then pressed them onto the rocks. I got a very natural look using this method. Use either, depending on how you want your mountain of wealth to look. I also, on occasion, add a layer of silver paint marbled in and get a really cool mottled stone look.
I sweep around my mountain about once a week, and clean and re-stack the rocks if needed.
UPDATE IN 2019:
I’ve been using this cure continually at my own home, and with clients as well.
You can see where the wet paint is and how faded the stones had become.
These stones are the original ones I’ve been using since 2015. You can see how much the paint has worn off and the stones were actually really filthy when I washed them before I painted them. I also did not like the way the silver paint “aged” at all. So in this repaint, I went all gold.
Worn away paint
I used simple acrylic paint in different gold tones from a craft store like Michael’s or Joann’s.
Painted on a gob of gold paint and then rolled it in the grocery bag to distribute the paint.
Inside the bag.
I used a sponge to even out the paint in some spots for a cleaner look.
Stacked by the door. Notice that the stones are 2-3 feet from my actual door, and you can’t actually see it in the photos. (Use creative license here if you need to move them out a bit farther! The stones don’t have to be physically against the door.)
Stacked up and shining.
QUESTIONS I OFTEN RECEIVE:
1. DO NOT PUT THE STONES IN A BOWL. THAT CREATES A “POT OF GOLD” MISDIRECTION AND TENDS TO BRING SMALLER WINDFALLS, AND MAY ONLY WORK FOR SHORTER PERIODS.
2. IN MY OPINION THE STONES SHOULD BE THE SIZE OF YOUR FIST OR DOUBLE FISTS. SMALL STONES= SMALL WEALTH. RIVER ROCKS JUST MEANS ANY LARGE SMOOTH STONES.
3. IF YOU LIVE IN A CONDO OR APARTMENT WITH NO EXTERIOR ACCESS (ROCKS WOULD BE SITTING IN AN INDOOR HALLWAY), I SUGGEST TRYING A DIFFERENT CURE FROM THIS LIST. YOU CAN DO THIS IN A HALLWAY INDOORS IF ALLOWED TO HAVE ITEMS IN THE HALL, HOWEVER, BE SURE IT WON’T TRIP ANYONE OR BLOCK THE HALL, OR BE KNOCKED OVER, AND SO ON. IT ALSO LIKELY WILL NOT WORK NEARLY AS WELL.
4. IF YOU LIVE SOMEWHERE THERE IS NO EDGE BY THE DOOR (THE STONES WILL BLOCK THE DOORWAY NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO) TRY A DIFFERENT CURE FROM THIS LIST. IF THERE IS ROOM TO PLACE THE CURE ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE OF THE DOOR RATHER THAN THE RIGHT, TRY THE CURE THERE AND SEE IF IT WORKS. (IF YOU HAVE AN EXAMPLE OF A TIGHT DOORWAY, WITH STAIRS OR SOMETHING YOU THINK WON’T WORK FOR THIS, PLEASE EMAIL ME VIA THE CONTACT FORM. IF YOU WILL ALLOW ME TO USE A PHOTO OF YOUR FRONT DOOR AS A CASE STUDY AND FEATURE IT HERE- I’LL HAVE A PERSONAL CALL WITH YOU TO FIND YOU A DIFFERENT CURE IN EXCHANGE FOR YOUR PHOTO.)
5. I’VE HAD CLIENTS TRY PUTTING THE STONES IN A FRONT WINDOW OF THE HOME IF THEY HAVE NO ROOM AT THE DOORWAY- THIS DOESN’T SEEM TO WORK WELL. THE INTENTION OF THIS CURE IS TO DRAW A HEALTHY FLOW OF ENERGY TO YOUR DOOR AND INTO YOUR HOME.
6. IF YOU MOSTLY USE A DOOR OTHER THAN YOUR FRONT DOOR, BE SURE TO USE THIS CURE AT YOUR REAL (OR ARCHITECTURAL) FRONT DOOR. ALSO OPEN YOUR FRONT DOOR AS OFTEN AS YOU CAN (DAILY IF POSSIBLE, WEEKLY IF THAT’S ALL YOU CAN MANAGE.) YOU WANT FRESH ENERGY COMING IN THAT DOOR AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE.
What do you have to add?
Do you have any money cures to make the dollars flow in? I’d love to hear them and how these work for you.